Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cooked Portobello "Steak"

Before I went vegan I was a HUGE meat eater. And when I say "meat eater" I mean that every single time I went out to eat at a nice restaurant, I ordered a Filet Mignon. Yeah…. that was me until age 19. I won't bore you with all the details of why I decided to go vegetarian (over night) or my transition into veganism, maybe that will be in another post. BUT what I will say if I was craving meat (which I actually don't really ever experience except maybe a burger when I was pregnant) that this is so juicy and flavorful and a great alternative to a steak (not to mention way healthier, less calories, and a whole lot cheaper- yay).



Ingredients: 


  • Portobello mushroom cap (how ever many you'd like)
  • Coconut oil
  • Lemon
  • Sea salt
  • Garlic Salt 
  • Daiya Mozzarella Shreds (optional)

Directions:
  1. Melt coconut oil in a pan over medium heat
  2. Add portobello (face down) and sprinkle with seasonings and fresh lemon juice (and maybe a little more coconut oil) - cook covered until you feel its time to flip
  3. Flip face up and add more seasoning and lemon juice. Sometimes Ill add the Daiya cheese to the middle and cook (covered) a little longer, until tender. 
Bam. Done. Its that easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment